Thought I would share this with you, we all get frustrated in business and life, really we do. Even the most successful people you can point to have experienced it too.
See we are fed images and expectations about success, how its attainable and it is attainable but it take a period of time its not instant, well not unless you been handed a stack of cash, even then it will take some time to get established or work on you product or service.
We often don’t take time to look where we’ve come from and how far we are on our journey when was the last time you reviewed this day a year ago. What are the milestones you’ve passed, what are the successes the experiences and even the failures (they are just as important trust me ).
But there is an Instant you can rely on here is my statement
“The only thing instant in you’re business is the coffee in your cupboard”
know this and things may become a little clearer and as the coffee is instant grab one now and write down or bullet point what you’ve achieved in the last year and since you began your business journey.. you’ve come a long way right .
Now think about the person just starting on that journey , they would be amazed where you are currently !!..
So I set out to encourage people to start their own biz journey , especially from the dyslexic community as its something close to my own experience and passion…
So I sat down and looked back over the last year and this is some of things that have happened.
- 1 year ago today I completed my first public speaking event , at “4networking” group.
- Went on a “Be A Better Speaker” course with a pretty successful public speaker Brad Burton
- Went for a day's filming in Taunton for 4NTV, for my “Are Dyslexics Predisposed Entrepreneurs”
- Won Business “Dad of The Year with Networking Mummies” (I am sponsoring next years category)
- Started my own Radio Show on “Radio Warwickshire” , it's all about business, adversity and Dyslexia.
- Started a POD cast on Itunes “Duggystone”
That’s just some of the highlights in the last year, so when I get frustrated I need to remember
“The only thing instant in your business is the coffee in your cupboard”
I’ve not finished yet and I know there will be many more early morning coffee’s drunk in the next year and beyond.
Why I am doing all this well put it simply
“I am here to change things”
Thanks for reading